We are committed to making shopping at Young British Designers a pleasurable experience and will always strive to meet our customers wishes in as courteous and efficient manner as we possibly can. Our returns policy is very simple; if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase and wish to return an item to Young British Designers for an exchange or refund, we will do our utmost to make it as easy as we possibly can for you to do so.
Naturally, we do need to make certain stipulations: all returned items must be in new, unused and saleable condition; that means that there are no marks on the item or wear on any of the tags or labels and, in the case of footwear, the box is returned in as new condition. We cannot accept any none faulty items that have been worn, washed or tags removed. We regret that, for reasons of hygiene, earrings cannot be exchanged. All requests to return items must be made within 7 days of receipt of goods.
We are very happy to refund the amount you paid for the item purchased excluding the cost of postage from or to our premises. If you are returning an item you will be responsible for all costs of return, including, in the case of a return from outside the UK, any and all import/export charges, clearance fees, levies and duties.
In all cases, we strongly recommend that you use a reliable postal service or courier that will provide you with a tracking number and insure you for the value of the goods whilst in transit, as the parcel will remain your own responsibility until it reaches us.
We reserve the right to refuse a refund in the event of a customer not making all reasonable efforts to allow our postal service or courier delivery service to deliver in accordance with their and our terms and conditions. This condition also applies in the case of items which are returned to Young British Designers by the postal or courier service ('returned to sender') outside our specified returns time limit.
Please note that the customer is responsible for any costs relating to packages returned by our carriers as 'non-deliverable'. These items may also be subject to a handling charge.
Re-delivery of packages returned by our carriers as 'non-deliverable' can be arranged subject to confirmation of delivery details and prepayment of an additional delivery charge at our usual rates.
How to return an item
- To return an item, log into http://www.youngbritishdesigners.com/account/your-orders/ and select "RETURN AN ITEM" next to the order you wish to return.
- Select the item you wish to return.
- Complete the 'Reasons for return' box.
- We will then send you an e-mail with all the appropriate information on how to return your parcel, including your Returns Number.
- You must request to return your items within 7 days of receipt of goods and once you have been issued with your Returns Number we require that you ensure delivery to us within a further seven days for UK and fourteen days for international orders. Please ensure the Returns Number is written clearly on the outside of the parcel (we have included space on your return address label to accommodate this).
- Unfortunately, we cannot accept returned goods:-
- outside of the time frame described, other than for faulty garments;
- if the item has been worn or where the tag has been removed;
- if for any reason the item isn't in the same condition as when sent;
- if the shoebox is damaged in any way in the case of footwear returns (please also use protective outer packaging).
- In the case of UK returns a refund will be issued to the original card that was used for the purchase within 10 days of receipt of the return. This refund will include the full value of the items returned, including UK taxes, but excluding any and all related shipping or return courier costs. Where a return is being made from outside the UK a refund will be issued within 28 days of receipt of the return. This refund will include the full value of the items returned, but excluding any and all related shipping or return courier costs including but not limited to all import/export charges, clearance fees, levies and duties. Where any such costs are levied on Young British Designers you agree that Young British Designers holds the right to deduct any such costs from the value of the refund due to you.
- Any return requests outside of the stated timeframe will be solely at the discretion of Young British Designers.
- Please note that we would be delighted to exchange for an item of identical style or colour should there be a problem with either the size or if there is a fault with your chosen product. If an alternative style is required we would appreciate you returning the item through the returns process, obtaining a refund and ordering your chosen replacement in the usual manner.
The address for returns is:
- Young British Designers
- (A pre-printed address label is included with the original order for your convenience.)
If you have any problems or concerns and would like to speak with someone at Young British Designers for advice or assistance, please e-mail with a clear contact telephone number indicating the most convenient time to call you back at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re worrying about buying a Christmas gift we can make it easy for you with our specially extended Christmas returns. All you need to do is contact Young British Designers by email (email@example.com) stating your order number and that it is a Christmas Gift.
You will then have until midnight 31st December 2013 to request a Returns Number and until 6th January 2014 to return the item. All returns must fully comply with our standard Returns Policy.
- Extended Returns available on orders placed between Midnight 25th November 2013 and 2pm 23rd December 2013
- To qualify Young British Designers must be contacted within 24 hours of the order confirmation by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating your order number and that it is a “Christmas Gift.”
- Returns number must be requested by midnight 31st December 2013 (see standard returns procedure).
- Any item returned under the Extended Returns offer, must be received at Young British Designers by 6th January 2014.
- All returns must fully comply with our standard Returns Policy.
Free returns (UK only)
Offer applies only at www.youngbritishdesigners.com
Promotion valid 03/05/2013 - Midnight 02/06/2013.
Offer applies to UK deliveries only.
Mobile telephone number and/or email address must be supplied to qualify.
Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
There is no cash alternative and all terms and conditions are non-negotiable.
Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
Offer cannot be applied to orders received and despatched before the promotion commence date.
Normal returns process and policy applies. You will be contacted via text and/or email with details of the parcel collection when the return request has been processed.
In the text and/or email you will have the option to arrange a convenient time and date for the collection. However, if the package is unavailable at the arranged collection time the free return offer is void. You will then be responsible for the prompt return of the package within the normal return timescales.
Please note that you are responsible for ensuring the secure and adequate packaging of the returned goods.
Any damage and/or costs incurred as a result of missed collections or inadequate packaging may be deducted from the requested refund.
All returns must be requested within 7 days of receipt. Requests outside of this timeframe will not qualify for free return and will be at the discretion of Young British Designers.